Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Elfing Crayons





Tonight will be a quick blog. Craig and I are giving each other an early Christmas gift tonight. We are going out to dinner, kid free, in Colonial WilliamsburgWe both prefer the gift of time together, with good food, so this is perfect. 


Today however I did a bit of elfing (aka making our own handmade gifts) for the kids. I re-batched some broken crayons for Jonas, into circle crayons. At his age, he still needs large bulky crayons- so these are perfect! I also cringe when any of our beeswax crayons bite the dust, since the cost so much more. This is a nice way to re-use the broken pieces you have lying around (plus they still are just as vibrant re-batched). 

It is a very simple process too. 


-Just take your broken crayon bits and sort them into color groups (greens and yellows, red and oranges, & blues and purples). 




-Then put then in a oven safe silicone muffin pan. I bake mine at 350 for 7 minutes. 
-Once they come out I mix the melted wax together and let then set for 20 minutes outside. 
-Then pop them out and enjoy. If you use a silicone mold, and I highly suggest you do, then they will come out no problem!





Enjoy and have a great night! We will! 

2 comments:

  1. Your crayons turned out very pretty, what a fun gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope my little guy gets a kick out of them when he opens them on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat! Please comment :)