Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year and Epiphany!




I must say that I am quite ready for the New Year! Really it is just another day for us in the Kleemann household, but we all have lots to look forward to as well as lots to be thankful for in the last year. 

Not only did I graduate with my BA and MAT, but that mean't no more college- and I could finally stay home full time. Really it was and is still a dream come true. My son had his first birthday and my daughter turned three. We moved into our new home and began once again our mini-homesteading adventure with our animals. This year was also the first year of homeschooling and co-op for us, and so far it has been a blast. Plus all of that is just icing on the cake. Most importantly, Craig and I are still as happy and steadfast as before. My love for him continues to grow each year. He really is my best friend. 

But as for 2012, who knows what it will bring? A new baby brother or sister for sure, but as for the rest, we will just have to wait and see! 

I don't really 'do' new year resolutions. There is not much I'd like to change about myself that I am not already working on with my God's help. I feel we continue to better our lives and lifestyle by eating healthier and living as green as we can. I suppose there are some new things I'd like to try or get better at in the world or crafting and teaching. But otherwise, I feel we're on a good path and hopefully we will continue to move forward on it. 

Today we are celebrating New Years and Epiphany at our house. We'll celebrate again this week at co-op. The kids and I are home alone tonight, as we are most nights, while Craig works. So I decided to have some fun and stay busy, since I really miss him on holiday nights. 

Over the past few days I have been needle felting the three Magi for the kids (my inspiration can be found here at one of my new favorite blogs Passengers on a Little Spaceship). This was my first time ever needle felting and I did it without a pattern, so forgive their primitive quality!!! Dionne's are much better than mine so please check them out!! I also made a felt star and treasure box. But I am pretty proud of them though!



Traditionally Epiphany celebrates, among other things, the arrival of the Magi to Jesus. We know they did not actually make it to the stable, since it took years for them to get there, but they certainly did get to him. Which in my opinion amazes me that they in faith continued on for so long. I really love the quote, "Wise men still seek him." 








In our book, All Year Round, the authors provide some neat ideas on how to celebrate the 12 days of Christmas. We will be doing a puppet play with the set I made  tonight using the script in their book. Afterwards we will eat some special Epiphany cake and make floating beeswax candles. All in all, I predict we will have a blast!




So with that, I will leave you to your own festivities this evening! Happy New Year! 

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful evening! I love the way your 3 Wise Men turned out, I think they look wonderful! I so enjoy the wonderful activities that can be found in All Year Round. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoyed the needle felting! I love how colorful they are. Tonight we celebrated by saying goodbye to our Christmas tree. We did this by reading a beautiful book called "Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect." Your kids would love that one. And I hope to settle in with a glass of wine and a showing of "It's a Wonderful Life." Here's to lots of fun in the new year with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thank you both April and Anya!!

    Needle felting is like knitting. It requires patience but it sure paid off. I am looking forward to getting a good guide book on it. My figures are not as sturdy as I had hoped. Deirdre played with them for about an hour straight when she woke up from her nap. Then at bedtime we did our play- after the candles and cake (I have extra candles for you Anya btw.)

    Our tree comes down tomorrow. It was the last decoration to go. Then all our artwork from the past year comes down to and into the scrapbook. I will have to check out the book you mentioned. It sounds super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you... and Happy Epiphany!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, I have added, "Just leave a comment " for my giveaway, which you have done so, so you are in to win. Cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Carrie, I love sharing and getting inspired by your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Marie, your creations are so precious. if we don't win, we will certainly add some to our wish lists!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute little figures and I love the star hanging in the bright light of the window. Happy New Year and Happy Epiphany (is that something people say?...Happy Ephiphany?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I am not sure Dionne! It sounds right to me and my Grandmother said it that way but I haven't met any others whom celebrate it recently. Thanks for visiting and inspiring me. I hope one day mine will look like yours!

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat! Please comment :)