Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Yarn Along: Easter Egg Swap

Today, a day late I know, I am joining up with Ginny again at Small Things so show off my rainbow knitted Easter eggs, as well as the Dionne at Magic Onions and Linda at Natural Suburbia. It took me a little under a week to get these up. It helps that I have knit eggs before and had the yarn on hand. I am just so happy with them and I hope the other swap Mommies will like them too. Our swap is hosted by Julie at This Cosy Life. To go with the rainbow theme, I also am including matching canvas bags to hold each egg and a pot of paint. The paint is from one of my favorite companies, Clementine Art. They're based in the US and all their art supplies are plant based and eco-friendly.


I was going to do story wood eggs but they were not turning out as well as I  hoped, whereas these cuties are perfect! I used this pattern  from Purl Bee. My kids really don't want me to send these off but I promised them that they would be getting goodies in return. 


Speaking of other swaps, I did a St. Patty's Day swap with my friend Kelly at Happy Whimsical Hearts. We got our package from her yesterday- talk about quick shipping, go Australia! I wanted to share her lovely work with you all. We feel so blessed, thank you Kelly! 


I also just joined up with Carrie at Crafty Moms Share for her knitted farm swap. I am making 12 oat field blocks and i cannot wait. I am so happy I joined in, this will be so much fun and the pattern and timeline is very doable for me. 


So what are you all working on? 


Until next time, 
Nicole 

Made by Kelly at Happy Whimsical Hearts

Made By Kelly at Happy Whimsical Hearts 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks like you have been crafting and swapping up a storm! I'm so glad your parcel arrived in time :-)

    I love your knitted eggs, do you mind me asking which pattern you used?

    And I'm doing the knitted farm swap too - I'm knitting up the garden beds!

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat! Please comment :)