Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I've lost my third arm!

Phew...see I was right my friends I have been being sporadic! This however is a good thing because it means I am making great progress on the packing front. I have to say, minus feeling a bit icky last night (bad food maybe?), all has been well!


Last weekend we painted the children's new room. Craig and I have decided to room our son and daughter together for the next three years. In our new home we have 4 rooms. Two of which are small and the other two which are huge. One being the master and the other being the "room over the garage" aka FROG. 


The major factor leading into this decision was the sheer size of the bed sets we have for the kids. Since both were given to us free of charge,  you better bet we are most definitely going to use them and save our pennies. However, due to their dimensions and the dimensions of the other two rooms, the full sets will not fit into the smaller rooms. Fortunately they do both fit in the FROG with ample room leftover! Score! 


Personally I really quite like the idea of our kids rooming together. It is almost like we will have a traditional nursery room (as seen in classic movies like Mary Poppins and Peter Pan) where all the children, regardless of sex, share a room until their teen years. Plus Deirdre is ecstatic about it. I am sure there will be some adjusting but I am not worried. as with all things in our home we just flow with the rhythm and make do one bit at a time. No need to fret unnecessarily. 


So after making that decision, I began dreaming up an idyllic Waldorf "nursery" room for them. Trust me its going to be a lovely room, I promise to show you when its done. However the FROG had flocked wall paper in it. When Deirdre first saw the room she said it looked like a bear cave! Off the wallpaper came, and last weekend we painted  (as well as sanded and primed) the walls and ceiling. The color I choose was "Free Spirit" by Olympic. Olympic is a zero VOC paint with a green seal. Since this paint was going in the kids room my conscious would not allow me to not use a low VOC paint. 




I truly adore this color-plus its gender neutral and peaceful. Perfect for the kids. I would love to have posted before and after pictures for you but alas I HAVE LOST MY CAMERA. I know... I know. It really is my third arm. I have torn my house asunder looking for it. I have reopened boxes. It is nowhere


The only conclusion I can come to is that I left in my car and it was stolen- or- that it is so far lost that if I do find it won't be for a long long time. And if it is truly misplaced, tehn that would be very odd for me since I always keep it in two places. Next to the computer or in my purse. Seriously. So after a week plus of not having it and tearing everything apart, I am going to cave in and get a new one. If I do find the other one at some point I will just sell it or give it to my little brother as present. Luke tends to get my hand me down cameras anyway- and he loves it ;) 


I was thinking about getting nicer one than I had, however I really love my Nikon CoolPix. I seriously get awesome photos with it and it only cost me $90. We will see though. I will be getting one before Saturday so I can photograph the move. 


We will see though. Please keep us in you thoughts and prayers through the move. I am one stressed cookie! 




Bonne Nuit, Nicole 

~Old un-shared photos form 2 weeks ago~









6 comments:

  1. They are too cute. Julietta and Ender share a room here. They love it and it went off perfectly! They will do great, and love being eachothers companies all the time!Can't wait to see pics of the new house! Miss you friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think room sharing is great. I shared a room with my brother when we were little and we had great fun. Well, except when he broke my prized china doll...but otherwise it was awesome. I am sure that when we get around to another kid we will have our little ones share a room at first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, like it when the kids share. My two oldest shared for quite awhile and when we moved into a larger home and they had their separate rooms, our daughter would often sleep in her little brother's room anyway, "just so he won't be scared."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, your kids are cute!!! The top three pictures are particularly nice, I love the chicken-holding smile. You've probably said so here somewhere, but did you find your camera?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicole!

    Thank you, you're very kind. I love your blog by the way and your super neat home! I use a Nikon Coolpix LL22. I got it for 90 on Amazon. After playing with it, I find using the sports and close-up setting later in the afternoon give me the best photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also your little ones are adorable as well, if only we lived closer they could all play together!

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat! Please comment :)