Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Co-op our first week





Is it really already Friday? I have been quite busy this week then, because its flown by! I guess homeschooling helps move my days along nicely. 


I have to say though, I am loving the co-op and homeschooling. Not only is it fun for the kids but it allows me to include them in all aspects of our home, especially cooking. I do think we have cooked together as much as we have this week ever. Ironically though, the food is still just as good, fresher, and makes it out of the oven or pot in a timely manner. They kiddos also seem to be eating more of it, which was never to big of an issue, but still nice since their meals have changed. 









It really warms my heart for them to help me make the food. They looks so proud when the meal is set and they can say that they also made it! They just beam. It is just such a lovely part of them to witness, to see their confidence bud. The past week as well Deirdre has started setting her own place and cleaning it up for me- without prompting.  


Jonas is beginning to talk more- and listen better! He has been saying "sit", "Ididit, "up", "alldone", "hi", and "dadee" more distinctively. He also now will give you the sweetest hug if you ask for one. Ah be still my little heart! 


So all in all, I have enjoyed this week immensely despite being a bit under the weather. I still feel so honored to be all to stay home with them and teach them. My heart is so full. 


Our Co-op Weekly Verse (The one my kids are memorizing):
Behold: "'I will send my messenger ahead of you (John) who will prepare your way before you (Jesus)' -Matthew 11:10

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that things are working out so well for you and your family with homeschooling! The way you have described it is homeschooling at it's best. So much self discovery makes a person so much more confident in their own intellect. Good luck with the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently started including my daughter in the cooking process also. Sure it is messier, but way more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Allison! We are loving homeschool and hope to do so for all of elementary school before letting the kids make a decision on where to continue.

    Yes Maria, lots more clean up for sure but I don't mind. They love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat! Please comment :)