Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Zoo Day





Phew where to begin. Honestly I am shocked that I have the energy to write this. I have been pretty sick this week. I could really use some good thoughts and prayers. Sadly right now I do not have a whole lot to tell you about why I am sick. Next week, I will hopefully have more answers and be able to share more. Until then, I covet your prayers. 


Being sick doesn't just effect me, it also effects Craig and the kids. My house is a mess, I can barely make a meal because my stomach is in knots, and well the kids have been watching a little bit more TV than I would like right now, but this too shall pass. 


Amazingly the kids do not seem bothered by me being under the weather. They still go about their days happily. Their behavior is actually quite sweet, with lots of hugs, snuggles, and feel better Mommys. Deirdre is cleaning up after herself like a pro and being extra patient with Jonas. Even with them waking up early today and not napping as well as they usually do, their sweet spirits are really shining through, and I am feeling so blessed. I am also feeling quite blessed by my church homegroup, which has stepped up to help me out. They truly are my second family. 


So since I have not been well and the kids have been great, I decided on Wednesday (the one day I have felt closest to normal), to take them to the zoo. We had a fabulous trip. It was not too hot and the animals were out. Plus since it was cloudy, we were probably the only people there! The hitch of the trip was me losing my patience -which has been low since I am sick,-BUT we all recovered and really enjoyed seeing our animals friends. Not to mention Deirdre was quite inquisitive about what they ate, where they lived, and other 'interesting facts about them to tell Daddy". I love that one! She cracks me up! 


At any rate, enjoy our photos! I will be back soon with photos of co-op tomorrow. We're having a harvest party, so it should be tons of fun! 


Daily Verse or Quote: 
[Jesus said,] "The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful."
— Matthew 13:22 (NIV)













1 comment:

I love to chat! Please comment :)