Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Felt Gnomes: A Reference

The Felt Gnomes: A Reference


The felt gnomes are very easy but they are not my own creation. Kimara over as Wee Folk Art dreamed up these beauties. I copied her patterns almost perfectly except that I simplified my felt capes. I am not that great of an embroiderer so I thought a little mushroom and pumpkin were easier than her stitches for me. 


I also use 100% wool felt. She seems to be a fan of a 50/50 wool blend. I bought my 100% wool felt from Material Evidence at Esty. I find that 100% is stiffer and brighter. But to each their own because Kimara certainly knows what she is talking about! I also bought my wood peg people from my local Michael's shop in the wood section for $1.50. 

Link to Kimara's free felt gnome pattern : http://weefolkart.com/?q=node/187

Enjoy and create! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat! Please comment :)