Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Weekending: Kimono

The PJs


This weekend has been filled with busyness, love, sun, and joy. Friday I got to have some great sewing time with my mother-in-law, whom helped me make my way through the Oliver and S storytime kimono pajamas! The pattern was easy once I had someone help me through it and translate the lingo for me. The pattern had us do the sleeves a new way- which now I really like since they're much easier than the previous ways I had done them. Once I am done with my other projects (Red Ridinghood cape, log cabin quilt, quilt bindings) I will make some more for the kids. 

Saturday was a glorious day at the beach with my mother and the kids. Everyone got along and the kids loved the ocean. Plus I have been craving the ocean- literally. The ocean was such a staple of my childhood and teen years. Most of my happy memories involve the ocean in one way or another. And being able to share that love and connection with my kids is subliminal. 


So.... we went back today! Deirdre spent the weekend with Grandma Cindy and so instead of having my mom drop her off at our house, Jonas and I went down to the beach with them and then home (Craig was working a double). Again is was another great day and I even got to take Deirdre body boarding! 


Sunday was also a great day! I had my first log cabin quilting class at Bella Fabrics in Carollton! Ah I am so in love with the log cabin design, I am so excited to get cracking! 


So needless to say I am full, tired, and excited for this week. How was your weekend? 



My favorite thrift find


So excited for her Huffalump PJs

1 comment:

I love to chat! Please comment :)