Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

::right now::

Right now, I am... (a tradition birthed by SouleMama aka Amanda Blake Soule)


:: trusting in the Lord about my husband's work and job security. God has always provided for us exactly what we have needed and I need to not doubt that now. 
:: feeling a little helpless to help ease his stress. He works so hard for us and I have no control over how his day at work is. Not to mention I have been feeling a little sick... heat exhaustion probably! 
:: doing a lot of fun stuff with the kids to keep their minds off the fact that they have seen their father for only about 10 hours in the past ten days. 
:: beginning to pack up our home and transplant it in our new home in the next four weeks. Ah the excitement,  sadness, and memories all wrapped up in one this brings. 
:: sewing the finishing touches on Craig's suede apron and beginning pajamas! 
:: knitting (still) the Tomten jacket. Oy! I will not be defeated! 
:: missing my husband. He truly is my other half. Daily life with out him is just not as bright.
:: knowing that this is only a season in life. A quick fleeting season. Nothing more. 
:: wondering what fun things the kids and I can do tomorrow! I think water play of some sort is in order with Omi! 
:: eating much better now that I have a monthly meal plan, huge step forward there!
:: giggling at home since all my animals literally think I am their mother. And how they, like my kids, fight for unnecessarily my attention. 
:: loving my children and all of their new personality quirks. Walks by the fountain are so much fun with them! 
:: continuing to transition my home into a better rhythm amid this moving/working chaos. Good-bye chintzy plastic toys. Ah and yet it is so hard to let go when they cost so so much. Am I depriving my kids...? Stay strong, stay strong! 
:: appreciating the people in my life who help me out and pray for us. (Thanks MK, Chris, and our HG)
:: thanking the Lord for is all. The good and the bad. I am blessed and content. I am at peace. 
:: wishing you a blessed week and peace. 




Jonas had his 15 month check up today and he was a champ!



Daily Quote or Verse: 
Phil 4:6: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you find some resolution, but it sounds like you have the right perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing the role one Momma plays in the lives of her family. I remember a particularly magical time in my childhood - full of nature walks and exploring times along the coast of MonterreyBay, CA. I still wax nostalgic about it all. However, when I brought it up to my mom once she told me that that was one of the most trying and difficult periods of her life. My dad was gone at work a lot, we didn't have much money, extended family difficulties, etc. She said she just threw herself into creating a loving, safe place for all of us. THAT is all I remember. It sounds like you are handling the strain of this temporary time in a way that will really bring comfort to your whole family. Go you! I will be praying for strength to be sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maria! Its hard to keep a good perspective at times, but I am getting their!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anya, what a sweet memory! You must have an awesome Momma. When I was 3-6, I lived on the ocean and those were just blissful years of memories for me. My family seemed to be so happy and full of love. Its turns out that my mother suffered a number of late term miscarriages during that time, and my parents lost their business and filed for bankruptcy. I had no idea until I was older and thinking back on certain memories at how hard that time was for them, but they sheltered me from it well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And thank you for your prayers :) Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat! Please comment :)